Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Spectris Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 185  
Subject: Re: X-Box Date: 6/27/2001 10:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
EIDSO is behind the curve on this new generation of game consoles. They are just now beginning to deliver PS2 games and yes they have publicly committed to developing XBOX, GameCube and GameBoy Advance games (along with their traditional strength in PC games). I am a shareholder, but this requires patience for a couple of reasons:

1) They purposefully have held back PS2 games waiting on more PS2 penetration as they feel that such a large % of their retail sales are derived by Day 1 shipments that their has simply not been enough PS2's out there to warrant any game releases (particularly in Europe) until just now. We will have to see if this strategy pays off...

2) They are about to raise $70-mil by selling more shares to existing shareholder at a 40% discount to where the price was a few weeks ago (which helps explain the current weakness). By the way, it is very difficult for foreign shareholders (in this case Americans) to participage as they did not choose to make this registration in the US as apparently they have enough committemnt in the UK to get this done. So, on the one hand there is significant dilution (but supposedly accretive), however they are not incurring more debt. Again, we will have to see if this is the correct course of action.

I'm holding my shares (probably for awhile!).

By they way, how smart was it NOT to have a new Tomb Raider game for any platform to dovetail with the movie? Maybe they will have one out before Tomb-2 hits the theaters late in 2002 (that's when the game comes out, by the way)!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement