Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CalimanDC Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4870  
Subject: Re: I'm Not A Writer ... Date: 12/8/2004 2:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Elaine,

I hate to burst your bubble, but you sound like a writer to me!

Why can you not allow yourself to be a writer? So, in your mind, you don't fit into the stereotype of what writers are, but what does that matter? If you have a story to tell, when you do get to write it you are pleased with the results, and the only thing stopping you from publishing it is merely the time it is taking to write it out, I would say that just makes you a mood writer. You can write when you are in a state to write, right? Well, then you are a writer. Just not a professional one who depends on your writings for livelyhood.

Now, as for your story, I think that you are very lucky to have this in your mind. You are gifted with a story to tell the world and over time you are slowly developing, flushing, and scribing it out. One day, if you keep at this current pace, you will have more than just the outline and first chapter.

As an example of how you relate to a famous writer I would like to call your attention to J.R.R. Tolkien, creator of Lord of the Rings. He spent his whole life on this one story. I would imagine at points he even dreamed about it in a similar way to how you dream of yours. Well, through his life he would slowly work his way through the entire tome. I do not believe he worked every day on it, although I cannot say that I am an expert. What he did do, though, was have a story in his head that he spent his entire existance on this planet producing.

What I mean to tell you is that you do not have to write book sets, or even series of novels in order to write. Your story is enough. I hope that through your life you find the inspiration to finish putting your story down and that you one day are able to offer it up to the rest of the world. I know that I, for one, look forward to reading it!

Good luck with this!

Jeremy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement