Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CalimanDC Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4870  
Subject: Elance.com Date: 12/6/2004 4:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Have any of you self-employed Fools used Elance.com or a similar service? If so, do you have any success/horror stories to offer? I am debating using this, or a comparable, service and would like to know folk's impressions. Any insight would be appreciated. My type of freelancing is writing, research, and editing.

Thanks!

CalimanDC
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Chapman208 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3530 of 4870
Subject: Re: Elance.com Date: 12/6/2004 5:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
>>>>Have any of you self-employed Fools used Elance.com or a similar service?

Caliman: I do some freelance technical/article writing on the side, however I'm not familiar with elance.com. I've gotten all my work through word of mouth so far.

You might also post this question to the Freelancing Fools board (http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=21649005&bid=116757 ) to see if anyone there can help. It's a pretty quiet board, though.

Mark.

Author: CalimanDC Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3531 of 4870
Subject: Re: Elance.com Date: 12/6/2004 7:27 PM
Thanks Mark!

Author: peteyperson Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3532 of 4870
Subject: Re: Elance.com Date: 12/7/2004 1:43 AM
Hi Caliman,

I haven't looked into this because a) it's too early days for me to consder and b) when I did look, most sites were for US citizens only. I'm in the UK.

Petey

Have any of you self-employed Fools used Elance.com or a similar service? If so, do you have any success/horror stories to offer? I am debating using this, or a comparable, service and would like to know folk's impressions. Any insight would be appreciated. My type of freelancing is writing, research, and editing.

Thanks!

CalimanDC

Author: CalimanDC Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3533 of 4870
Subject: Re: Elance.com Date: 12/7/2004 8:31 AM
Thank you for getting back to me Petey!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement