UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1963130  
Subject: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 7:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 51
Much like any tin-plated dictator, the Repuglycans realize they can only win elections by rigging elections.

They hate democracy because in a democratic election, they lose.

The Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

Despite losing the popular vote in the 2012 election of the House of Representatives by 1.5 million votes, their election rigging allowed them to win 33 more seats than the Democrats.

And now they are trying to subvert our democracy by rigging the presidential election to weight votes towards Republican districts that would allow Republicans to win the majority of electoral votes despite losing the popular vote on a state by state basis.

In other words, they are planning to steal elections by bypassing the wishes of the majority of American voters.

This is one of the most cowardly and undemocratic attempts to subvert our democracy I've seen.

AW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1855166 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 9:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

Maybe all six if it weren't for voter suppression in 2004.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1855174 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 9:39 AM
"This is one of the most cowardly and undemocratic attempts to subvert our democracy I've seen."

Disgusting. The party of family values has decided the only way they can win is to cheat. Not all GOPers are going to go along with this stupidity. I predict more party chaos and defection.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1855254 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 2:38 PM
And now they are trying to subvert our democracy

That party is over, trust me. The deal is already rigged.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1855256 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 2:40 PM
Recommendations: 1
Not all GOPers are going to go along with this

yes they are..

but a girl can dream

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1855288 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 4:35 PM
You heard about this, right?

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/21/1475811/virginia...

Several articles on it. Stephen Colbert did a segment on it ("Alpha Dogs").

Rather than trying to work honestly with the opposition, they resort to subterfuge and deceit to get what they want, because they want it.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1855352 of 1963130
Subject: Re: Election rigging Date: 1/25/2013 10:35 PM
What difference does it make?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement