Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: fakena Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3296  
Subject: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 11/14/2008 7:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was wondering what the thoughts were out there on Electrovaya Inc. (EFL-T) after first noticing the company via yesterday's BNN.

To me the company almost seems to fit the Rule Breaker criteria loosely. It would need a bit more time to have their technology out there in mass use of global automobiles. Seems like they could head that way.

They've got over $5 million in cash and burn rate is about $1/4 million a quarter at present, which would imply five years worth of burning left. But actual production activity starting may or probably will increase that, but being offset by the licensing deal revenues its getting from companies such as in Norway.

Also wondering about lithium producers such as Western Lithium Canada (WUC-X), who I don't believe is actually producing or doing much of anything yet. Other than they hold rights to a big chunk of the lithium carbonate mineral sources in North America. And if forecasts are correct, any big level of electrc car production occurring will create a severe supply tight situation quickly.

Back to Electrovaya, anyone seen their products under testing in an automobile yet, they are supposed to have ten cars in Canada this year. Can't remember if that's built or delivered to customers. Seems they have the Canadian distribution rights to one of the Chinese car builders. Anyone know who has that builders distribution rights to the US. Either way, I'd assume Electovaya products or products licensed using their technology would be present anyway.

seems very possibly that Electrovaya get get very big and very fast.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement