Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fakena Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3296  
Subject: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 11/14/2008 7:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I was wondering what the thoughts were out there on Electrovaya Inc. (EFL-T) after first noticing the company via yesterday's BNN.

To me the company almost seems to fit the Rule Breaker criteria loosely. It would need a bit more time to have their technology out there in mass use of global automobiles. Seems like they could head that way.

They've got over $5 million in cash and burn rate is about $1/4 million a quarter at present, which would imply five years worth of burning left. But actual production activity starting may or probably will increase that, but being offset by the licensing deal revenues its getting from companies such as in Norway.

Also wondering about lithium producers such as Western Lithium Canada (WUC-X), who I don't believe is actually producing or doing much of anything yet. Other than they hold rights to a big chunk of the lithium carbonate mineral sources in North America. And if forecasts are correct, any big level of electrc car production occurring will create a severe supply tight situation quickly.

Back to Electrovaya, anyone seen their products under testing in an automobile yet, they are supposed to have ten cars in Canada this year. Can't remember if that's built or delivered to customers. Seems they have the Canadian distribution rights to one of the Chinese car builders. Anyone know who has that builders distribution rights to the US. Either way, I'd assume Electovaya products or products licensed using their technology would be present anyway.

seems very possibly that Electrovaya get get very big and very fast.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: bpye One star, 50 posts Global Fool SC1 Red Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3278 of 3296
Subject: Re: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 7/31/2009 12:32 PM
I have dealt with Electrovaya directly in purchasing their products in the Healthcare environment. Their Quality control was abysmal on new product delivery (50%+ failure), months of stringing things along, and not resolving issues. Without a significant change in production interface with electronics capabilities, quality control, and production delivery alternatives, I an invester would carry significant risk. My interactions with them were in the summer and early fall of 2007.

Hope this helps, though super late to your posting.

Author: chum123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3281 of 3296
Subject: Re: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 10/15/2009 7:13 PM
Funnily enough I sit up here in Canada among the polar bears and snow and I do not hear much about any Canadian lithium companies., I do hear that LITHIUM is HOT and with a huge potential for manufacture of batteries for Electric cars. Recently I seem bombarded with Financial Letters - all talking of Lithium. The most interesting is about 'Western Lithium' stock. They have something like a couple thousand acres of Lithium 'clay' in Nevada. I get stock symbols like >WUC.X :>WLC< on the Toronto exchange,>WLCDF< and >WLC.V<.Whatever the symbol, the subject is interesting and would be a sure winner for 'RULE BREAKERS" if this company takes off. To hear the "Town Cryers" it is a nearly sure thing AND if it has the potential ore to make good, WOW> Would like to hear from any one who has more dope.

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3282 of 3296
Subject: Re: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 10/15/2009 8:38 PM
chum,

Hardly anyone hangs out on this board. You might try mining and metals or renewable energy. Both have had long discussions about lithium mining.

Frankly I see too much hype and little indication of a shortage of the stuff.

Regards Tim

Author: DDHv Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3283 of 3296
Subject: Re: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 10/17/2009 8:15 PM
To hear the "Town Cryers" it is a nearly sure thing

Check out John Peterson's articles on energy storage. Also, search on ("zero pollution motors" AND MDI). While lithium might be used for the BEV/HEV market etc. there are other possible suitable energy storage methods also.

And given the likely correction coming up, some liquidity might be worth having. I was investing heavily between January and May this year, working from my watch list.

Author: chum123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3286 of 3296
Subject: Re: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 10/21/2009 10:49 PM
Tim says he hears a lot of 'hype' not much substance. If electric powered cars catch on, and there does seem some reluctance to continue polluting our atmosphere with hydro-carbons, THEN Electric batteries might become a 'HOT' issue. I do not personally know the current availability of Lithium but opinions seem to suggest that it is becoming an 'interesting' subject. I am looking for something that may become as hot as 'Google'. That is why I am asking questions for answers that we may all learn from AND perhaps make a few bucks by investing in it,

Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3287 of 3296
Subject: Re: Electrovaya and anything Lithium Date: 10/22/2009 7:47 AM
Recommendations: 1
Tim says he hears a lot of 'hype' not much substance. If electric powered cars catch on, and there does seem some reluctance to continue polluting our atmosphere with hydro-carbons, THEN Electric batteries might become a 'HOT' issue. I do not personally know the current availability of Lithium but opinions seem to suggest that it is becoming an 'interesting' subject. I am looking for something that may become as hot as 'Google'. That is why I am asking questions for answers that we may all learn from AND perhaps make a few bucks by investing in it,
====================================
Chum,

Since you complain about my response you clearly are not interested in anyone's opinion that does not agree with yours.

You say you live in Canada with the polar bears, just curious how well you think battery powered cars will work when the battery has to provide not only the power to drive the car but also the power to keep you warm in winter and run the lights and radio during our long winter nights?

I in no way suggest that Lithium stocks won't have a hot run, just about everything else does at one time or another but just be aware that it may be short and can be very ugly. Take a look at what happened to some of the solar panel stocks, silicon stocks and a few of the other "interesting" subject stocks.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?s...

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?s...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=VRS.TO&t=5y

The trick is know when to get out.

Tim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement