UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1956908  
Subject: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 9:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/10/elizabeth-warren-helped...

The Dow Corning bankruptcy was to protect against claims from women suffering the health effects of silicone breast implants manufactured by Dow Corning, Dow Corning In Bankruptcy Over Lawsuits

Overwhelmed by injury claims filed against it by hundreds of thousands of women who used silicone breast implants, the Dow Corning Corporation filed for bankruptcy protection in a Federal court in Bay City, Mich., today.

Dow Corning’s legal move will abruptly halt all new lawsuits and indefinitely delay settlement of existing litigation against the company. Dow Corning said that seeking the protection of the bankruptcy court was the only way it could devise an enforceable plan to deal with the billions of dollars of claims against it. The decision also means, however, that the bankruptcy court will have the final say in how much Dow Corning pays to compensate claimants.

Rob Eno at Red Mass Group asks the pertinent question about Warren’s failure to disclose the Dow Chemical legal work:

Why was Elizabeth Warren trying to hide her work for Dow Corning? What was the nature of that work?

While Warren refuses to disclose what she did for Dow Chemical, it is pretty easy to surmise. Warren offered legal advice to the parent company of a company in or about to go into bankruptcy. That advice almost certainly concerned how to protect the parent company, Dow Chemical, from claims of women against Dow Corning. If Dow Corning did not have the assets to pay these women, Elizabeth Warren likely was helping make sure the women could not claim against the deep pocket, Dow Chemical.

There is nothing wrong with Elizabeth Warren representing a large chemical company to insulate it from the health claims of women. It’s what lawyers do, and it was legal for a lawyer who held the necessary licenses.

What is wrong is for Elizabeth Warren to play the “War on Women” card and to pretend she is something she is not.

More to come. For sure.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820458 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 9:59 AM
Recommendations: 1
FWIW, the science jas ended up being that the silicone implant claims were without merit.

"Numerous studies have been conducted to see if the anecdotal claims of women about their silicone breast implants were verifiable by scientific evidence. These studies have found localized risks associated with all breast implants, but no conclusive evidence to support the claims against implant manufacturers as noted above. Many studies conducted by the Institute of Medicine and other experts have found no connection between breast implants and the diseases claimed by so many women."

http://www.implantinfo.com/breast_implants/silicone_gel_brea...

Or are you in favor of frivolous lawsuits and undue litigation?

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820461 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 10:02 AM
Recommendations: 0
PS: Warren's still going to win it.

Ken

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820463 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 10:06 AM
That's not worth much. She was a legal eagle in the 1990s, fighting for a big conglomerate and against women.

It shows that she is not so much a consumer advocate ... but an advocate for anyone who can pay her.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820465 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 10:11 AM
Recommendations: 4
Wow, this is like a personal crusade for you isn't it?

SP, loyal soldier of the Scott Brown campaign.

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS" - W.C. Fields

"There's a sucker born every minute - W.C. Fields

Carry on, soldier.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820472 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 10:21 AM
Wow, this is like a personal crusade for you isn't it?

Sorry. I keep posting things about politics on this board. I apologize if I was being inappropriate with my two posts this morning.

Perhaps MF should change the name of this board to "Liberal Echo Chamber" so that if I post something non-liberal it could be accurately labeled as a troll post.

Otherwise those with blue blood that doesn't make it to all areas of the brain might want to stick to the issues instead of pretending that my posts are not appropriate.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820473 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 10:26 AM
Recommendations: 85
Perhaps MF should change the name of this board to "Liberal Echo Chamber" so that if I post something non-liberal it could be accurately labeled as a troll post.

I think they should call this board "The One Where Sane People Bother To Call Out Ranting Conservatives On Their BS"

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820483 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 10:48 AM
Liberal Echo Chamber.

No dissenting opinions allowed.

The liberal vikings are too fragile for it.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820501 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 11:48 AM
I think they should call this board "The One Where Sane People Bother To Call Out Ranting Conservatives On Their BS"

Funny, but my title would be, "Left wing liar's guild". The FAQ would be about earning apprenticeships and really upping your status in the guild.

PS. You didn't address his point about Warren, which means he wins.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820502 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 11:51 AM
PS. You didn't address his point about Warren, which means he wins.

And he hasn't addressed whether he has stopped kicking puppies for fun. Nyah Nyah.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820510 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 12:02 PM
And he hasn't addressed whether he has stopped kicking puppies for fun. Nyah Nyah.

Oooo. Yet another lefty who doesn't know how to apply logical fallacies. Saint P made a point, and you chose to ignore it and level an accusation, which was your attempt to Poison the Well. Then you tried to deflect into a loaded question.

Try again. And maybe while you're trying, you can answer this: Why is consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren taking money from big companies in fights to deny consumer claims?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820511 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 12:03 PM
And he hasn't addressed whether he has stopped kicking puppies for fun.

Certainly. Wore out too many good shoes doing it. Now your turn.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820513 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 12:05 PM
Try again. And maybe while you're trying, you can answer this: Why is consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren taking money from big companies in fights to deny consumer claims?
_______________________________-

PErhaps you should simplify the question, to a more generic

why do lying grifters lie, as neither her honesty nor her willingness to pull a con are reasonably in doubt, that might allow them an easier path to an answer.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820526 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 12:22 PM
Recommendations: 38
Saint P made a point

No, he regurgitated a baseless allegation from a fringy website and used that to make what sounded like a point. Consider yourself fooled.

Why is consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren taking money from big companies in fights to deny consumer claims?

From the OP:

While Warren refuses to disclose what she did for Dow Chemical, it is pretty easy to surmise.

This sentence says all one needs to know about the whole issue, which comes down to this: Those raising accusaions based on whatever one might "surmise" regarding Warren's activities are talking out of their asses.

And if you really want to get into comparing notes about the past, let's talk about Scott Brown's prior career as a real estate lawyer during which he served as a title agent for LPS. Brown is simply lousy with money from one of the biggest document forgery outfits to have been in business during the housing bubble.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820538 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 12:32 PM
No, he regurgitated a baseless allegation from a fringy website and used that to make what sounded like a point. Consider yourself fooled.

So Elizabeth Warren never worked for Dow?

This sentence says all one needs to know about the whole issue, which comes down to this: Those raising accusaions based on whatever one might "surmise" regarding Warren's activities are talking out of their asses.

And yet, you don't know. You've made a statement that her working at Dow Corning is a "baseless accusation". Can you back that up?

And if you really want to get into comparing notes about the past, let's talk about Scott Brown's prior career as a real estate lawyer during which he served as a title agent for LPS. Brown is simply lousy with money from one of the biggest document forgery outfits to have been in business during the housing bubble.

Sorry, but everyone knows that all Republicans are evil incarnate (goofyhoofy's term) or the blackest evil (advocatus' term) so it's only natural that Scott Brown would demand and consume the first born son of every American household. Warren's the one running on her 99%er sterling consumer protection credentials.

So. Did Elizabeth Warren work for Dow Corning and help protect them from suits from breast implant patients? I'll make it easy for you: Just type "I don't know".

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820541 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 12:35 PM
let's talk about Scott Brown's prior career as a real estate lawyer during which he served as a title agent for LPS.

Let's talk about how Scott Brown was never a title agent for LPS.

You start your attack with a lie, doesn't make it worthwhile discussing things with you, does it?

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820569 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 1:29 PM
St. Pat says

While Warren refuses to disclose what she did for Dow Chemical, it is pretty easy to surmise... If Dow Corning did not have the assets to pay these women, Elizabeth Warren likely was helping make sure the women could not claim against the deep pocket, Dow Chemical.

As is often the case with your posts, this is a speculation that can't be disproven, and therefore you assume it's true. That makes a pretty thin case.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820581 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 1:52 PM
As is often the case with your posts, this is a speculation that can't be disproven, and therefore you assume it's true. That makes a pretty thin case.

Of course, she could have been hired by Dow Corning in order to make sure that Dow Corning paid out the maximum amount possible to the consumers.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820595 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 2:20 PM
Let's talk about how Scott Brown was never a title agent for LPS.

He worked for Fidelity National which was the parent company of LPS.

One can surmise...

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820597 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 2:24 PM
So. Did Elizabeth Warren work for Dow Corning and help protect them from suits from breast implant patients? I'll make it easy for you: Just type "I don't know".

I don't know. And neither do you nor SP.

But one could surmise that her role was to simply to assess the validity of patient claims to determine whether or not it was worth pursuing a settlement or if it was worth going to trial. That's a pretty typical thing for a corporate lawyer to do in these types of cases.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820601 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 2:26 PM
So what? She's an Indian, she can do whatever within her Native American lands.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820606 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 2:29 PM
I don't know. And neither do you nor SP.

There you go. You could have just typed that the first time, but you had to take a shot at SP instead.

But one could surmise that her role was to simply to assess the validity of patient claims to determine whether or not it was worth pursuing a settlement or if it was worth going to trial. That's a pretty typical thing for a corporate lawyer to do in these types of cases.

Oh, sure. And such an analysis would have included the cost/benefit of going to trial versus pursuing a settlement. And in her capacity of representing Dow Corning, she is required to look at the cost/benefit from DC's point of view of going to trial or not.

Which means she's...advocating on behalf of the Mega Corporation at the expense of the little guy. Thanks. That's game, set and match.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820614 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 2:39 PM
He worked for Fidelity National which was the parent company of LPS.

One can surmise...

...that he didn't work with LPS? One could surmise that.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820621 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 2:55 PM
There you go. You could have just typed that the first time, but you had to take a shot at SP instead.

Because he was presenting it as if he did know. Why don't you go pressure him for making an unfounded accusation? Or are you just the board babysitter for a nursery full of right-wing-blog copycats that can't back up their own arguments?

Oh, sure. And such an analysis would have included the cost/benefit of going to trial versus pursuing a settlement. And in her capacity of representing Dow Corning, she is required to look at the cost/benefit from DC's point of view of going to trial or not.

Which means she's...advocating on behalf of the Mega Corporation at the expense of the little guy. Thanks. That's game, set and match.

What, you didn't think of that angle yourself?

I'm flattered, though I think you misunderstand. The way you frame it assumes Warren's role was primary to the defense in identifying ways for them to avoid paying a claim. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this.

In contrast, after reading a bit more about this case it turns out that Warren's involvement came in the early days of Dow Corning's bankruptcy. Bankruptcies, for lawyers, are an exercise in making the rubber-stamp machine run one more time. And Warren's role as a specialist in executing bankruptcy trusts would have put her squarely in the back office of the whole thing.

So the vision that has been painted by SP in his fact-free dalliance into fantasy land - with Elizabeth Warren approaching the witness stand and haranguing a victim of breast implant malpractice to convince the court to deny their claim - is entirely improbable in a bankruptcy proceeding.

Scott Brown, on the other hand, is still quite likely a beneficiary of dirty DocX fraudulent robosigning money.

Game, set, match.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820631 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 3:27 PM
So the vision that has been painted by SP in his fact-free dalliance into fantasy land - with Elizabeth Warren approaching the witness stand and haranguing a victim of breast implant malpractice to convince the court to deny their claim - is entirely improbable in a bankruptcy proceeding.

What I quoted in my post:

"Warren offered legal advice to the parent company of a company in or about to go into bankruptcy. That advice almost certainly concerned how to protect the parent company, Dow Chemical, from claims of women against Dow Corning. "

How ModernViking summed it up:
"... it turns out that Warren's involvement came in the early days of Dow Corning's bankruptcy. Bankruptcies, for lawyers, are an exercise in making the rubber-stamp machine run one more time. And Warren's role as a specialist in executing bankruptcy trusts would have put her squarely in the back office of the whole thing. "

Off the scale.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820639 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 3:38 PM
Because he was presenting it as if he did know. Why don't you go pressure him for making an unfounded accusation? Or are you just the board babysitter for a nursery full of right-wing-blog copycats that can't back up their own arguments?

Ummm, you're the one doing the attacking without much backing it up.

What, you didn't think of that angle yourself?

I'm flattered, though I think you misunderstand. The way you frame it assumes Warren's role was primary to the defense in identifying ways for them to avoid paying a claim. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this.

LOL, sure, if you forget that an advocate's role is to represent clients.

In contrast, after reading a bit more about this case it turns out that Warren's involvement came in the early days of Dow Corning's bankruptcy. Bankruptcies, for lawyers, are an exercise in making the rubber-stamp machine run one more time. And Warren's role as a specialist in executing bankruptcy trusts would have put her squarely in the back office of the whole thing.

Ooooo. Except that contaminated silicon breast implants made for splashy headlines and high profile lawsuits. "Back office" in bankruptcy proceedings means deciding to pay the pencil supplier 20 cents on the dollar and the janitor service 40.

Except that your reasoning is based on a faulty premise. If she was involved in the lawsuit, then she was involved in the lawsuit. Which, by the way, it what you yourself argued earlier in this thread.

Scott Brown, on the other hand, is still quite likely a beneficiary of dirty DocX fraudulent robosigning money.

LOL @ you. I already rhetorically accepted the prevailing PA left wing view that Republicans are all evil monsters who want to eat babies. All that's left to discuss is whether or not Sitting Bull Warren is worthy of her consumer advocacy label.

So far, you're no longer disputing the fact that 1) she was involved with Dow Corning and 2) that she had something to do with the lawsuit. Just to refresh your memory:

LOL. Back office? Not according to your own assumptions.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820674 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 5:00 PM
Several rambling attacks MV. But nothing even close to the original topic.

If Warren were a Republicans, you'd be ranting and raving about how this was typical behavior for politicians that hate people.

Yet, as much as you protest the obvious, you rail against Scott Brown by projecting, a lot.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820678 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/3/2012 5:03 PM
Several rambling attacks MV. But nothing even close to the original topic.

If Warren were a Republicans, you'd be ranting and raving about how this was typical behavior for politicians that hate people.

Yet, as much as you protest the obvious, you rail against Scott Brown by projecting, a lot.

You'd think with Obama winning the election and all the facts in the universe at their disposal it would take more than 1 or 2 of us to hold this entire board down. Oh, well. Sucks to be them.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820865 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/4/2012 12:48 AM
St Pat says

"As is often the case with your posts, this is a speculation that can't be disproven, and therefore you assume it's true. That makes a pretty thin case."

Of course, she could have been hired by Dow Corning in order to make sure that Dow Corning paid out the maximum amount possible to the consumers.

I doubt very much that Dow Corning hired her to work on a specific case. Like any large corporation, they have a lot of legal matters on their plate, and it's just silly to assume that a particular lawyer has been assigned to a particular case. But you knew that, and you went ahead and made the assumption anyway.

Give it up, man, there is no story here.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820931 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/4/2012 8:45 AM
I doubt very much that Dow Corning hired her to work on a specific case. Like any large corporation, they have a lot of legal matters on their plate, and it's just silly to assume that a particular lawyer has been assigned to a particular case. But you knew that, and you went ahead and made the assumption anyway.

So are you saying that Dow had Warren as an in-house counsel?

Give it up, man, there is no story here.

Actually if she was doing what YOU say she was doing, it's even a bigger story.

http://www.wbur.org/2012/10/03/brown-warren-law-license

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821114 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/4/2012 1:17 PM
St. Pat sys

"I doubt very much that Dow Corning hired her to work on a specific case. Like any large corporation, they have a lot of legal matters on their plate, and it's just silly to assume that a particular lawyer has been assigned to a particular case. But you knew that, and you went ahead and made the assumption anyway."

So are you saying that Dow had Warren as an in-house counsel?

No.

"Give it up, man, there is no story here."

Actually if she was doing what YOU say she was doing, it's even a bigger story.

That's funny. Brown says she's not licensed, but she is. Big Story!

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821126 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/4/2012 1:38 PM
Massachusetts clients+Massachusetts law-Massachusetts license + republican = front page Boston Globe Spotlight Series.

Put in the dem in place of the rep and you have meek coverage.

The article ignores her Massachusetts clients with Massachusetts laws involved.

It's the coverup that usually hurts the most.

The New Jersey license being mysteriously withdrawn on 9/11.

The Texas license being changed to "in good standing".

The smarmier they are the harder they fall.

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821165 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/4/2012 3:02 PM
Let's highlight from that link:

"Warren has been a counsel on cases before the Supreme Court and federal appeals courts.

She has been licensed to practice in Texas since 1986. Her license has always been inactive, but she pays her inactive dues, and that allows her to be in good standing with the Supreme Court of Texas. The Supreme Court of Texas confirms that Warren is in good standing with the court. That good standing allows her to practice before the Supreme Court, which also allows her to appear before the lower federal appeals courts."

Ken

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821168 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/4/2012 3:10 PM
They ignore the fact that there have been many more cases revealed that are specifically Massachusetts cases concerning Massachusetts law.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821435 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/5/2012 12:26 PM
St. Pat says

Massachusetts clients+Massachusetts law-Massachusetts license + republican = front page Boston Globe Spotlight Series.

Put in the dem in place of the rep and you have meek coverage.

The article ignores her Massachusetts clients with Massachusetts laws involved.

It's the coverup that usually hurts the most.

The New Jersey license being mysteriously withdrawn on 9/11.

The Texas license being changed to "in good standing".

The smarmier they are the harder they fall.

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821502 of 1956908
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Her War on Women. Date: 10/5/2012 2:45 PM
I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

Good because you must wake up coated in it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement