UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947664  
Subject: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 9:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
http://youtu.be/lkMbUgqSipM

Brutal. LTV Steelworkers...unable to care for themselves and their family because of Elizabeth Warren.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820451 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 9:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
That it's a Scott Brown ad means, at the very least, there is more to the story than is being presented here.

Maybe you think "facts" come from campaign ads but I like to think it should be the other way around.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820453 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 9:47 AM
Recommendations: 0
That it's a Scott Brown ad means, at the very least, there is more to the story than is being presented here.

Look. Warren is an educated woman. If there is more to the story, you would think that she would communicate it.

The silence is deafening.

Whose side do you stand on?

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820460 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 10:02 AM
Recommendations: 41
Whose side do you stand on?

I stand on the side of comparing Elizabeth Warren and Scott Brown as I believe they will govern.

Warren's record at the CFPB reflects what she will do as a Senator, and this means a lot more to voters than some half-baked accusations about whether or not she illegally practiced law in Massachusetts (that one's been put to rest) or racial attacks (which the righties love which tells us more about them then it does about Warren), or whatever other cockamamie BS the Brown campaign is pulling out of their hindquarters to distract the electorate from the crumbling fascade of Brown's supposed moderation and bipartisanship as he runs away from Mitt Romney as fast as he can.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820482 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 10:46 AM
Warren's record at the CFPB reflects what she will do as a Senator

Lots of groundwork while being cast aside by the President. Nice.

this means a lot more to voters than some half-baked accusations about whether or not she illegally practiced law in Massachusetts (that one's been put to rest)

You might want to know something about a subject before you announce it being put to rest.

Fact: More than one newspaper have petitioned authorities for documents to define her actions as an attorney in Massachusetts. Before the week is over we will see how badly she violated the law.

racial attacks (which the righties love which tells us more about them then it does about Warren)

Right. It's now fine for people to say that they are part of a minority group based on something their parents / grandparents thought, as opposed to something their parents/grandparents were.

the crumbling fascade of Brown's supposed moderation and bipartisanship

Yes. Crumbling. Despite solid undisputed ratings based on his votes while Senator.

LRHOL.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820487 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 10:57 AM
Wow. This is devastating. I saw her interviewed by Moyers once, and agreed with some of her observations about the banks. What I quickly picked up on was she totally left out how all that happened.

It's a shell game.

Having been thrust into seeing first hand who is and who is not being held accountable for funding their pensions and trying to financially murder those who did, while the guilty ones file for bankruptcy and start up under new names I can testify to the validity of this.

I have a whole new respect for Jay Rockefeller.

Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820688 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/3/2012 5:26 PM
Brutal. LTV Steelworkers...unable to care for themselves and their family because of Elizabeth Warren.

This case was from 1993. A person's politics can change a lot in twenty years, mine certainly have.

I like and support Elizabeth Warren because she wants reasonable protections for the American people from the banksters and corporate greed. She scares the crap out of the cleptocracy, their efforts to defeat her testify to this. This reason alone is enough to earn my support.

The politicians who scare me are the ones being supported by the banksters, big corporations, and the Koch brothers.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1820870 of 1947664
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren: Whose side are you on? Date: 10/4/2012 12:58 AM
St Pat says

Right. It's now fine for people to say that they are part of a minority group based on something their parents / grandparents thought, as opposed to something their parents/grandparents were.

Oh man. Have you ever lived in the United States? Do you know any Americans who are not Pure White Bread? The family stories are typically the entire documentation in families who arrived more than a few generations ago. Do I believe what my grandfather told me about the family origins? Hell yes I do. That's how it works.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement