Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 436591  
Subject: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/15/2013 10:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 45
"When was the last time you took a big Wall Street Bank to trial?"

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/02/14/172045516/wat...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418118 of 436591
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/15/2013 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 36
Good question.

Bad answers.

A "the emperor has no clothes" moment.

This is why Republicans fought so hard to keep Warren off the Consumer Financial Protection Board and out of the Senate. Not that Democrats in general are any less in Wall Street's pocket.

Author: LOTROQueen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418137 of 436591
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/15/2013 8:18 PM
Recommendations: 7
Maybe Elizabeth Warren should run for president in 2016.

Author: CM001 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418140 of 436591
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/15/2013 9:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
"When was the last time you took a big Wall Street Bank to trial?"

The librule senator is trying to throw bankers who are doing "god's work" and going to nationalize banks. Owebama is going to turn America into Marxist-Leninist land.

We need to filibuster that comment! The world is coming to an end. Schummmmmmmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

LOL!

What have we come to? Such a simple question is so powerful?

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418142 of 436591
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/15/2013 11:37 PM
Recommendations: 1
Someone, or many someones, need to go to jail...go directly to jail...for their part in the Financial Crisis of 2008.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418147 of 436591
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/16/2013 1:45 AM
Recommendations: 5
Someone, or many someones, need to go to jail...go directly to jail...for their part in the Financial Crisis of 2008.

My vote is we start with this guy. Here is the video evidence:

http://youtu.be/kNqQx7sjoS8

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418155 of 436591
Subject: Re: Elizabeth Warren's 1st Question Date: 2/16/2013 6:03 PM
Recommendations: 7
sykesix: My vote is we start with this guy. Here is the video evidence:

http://youtu.be/kNqQx7sjoS8

By that point, the FBI was already pointing out that there was a lot of mortgage fraud, more than 80% of it in loan origination (the people who sell mortgages to home buyers), and that it was growing rapidly.

The Bush administration's response was to transfer 2,500 FBI agents from white collar fraud to anti-terrorism, and to staff up the OCC to pre-empt state efforts to fight mortgage fraud. (States traditionally regulated mortgages and prosecuted fraud there.)

Tar and feathers... would look good on this man.

rj

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement