UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFPokey Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2445  
Subject: Email Newsletter FAQ Date: 8/6/2001 5:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
RECENT CHANGES

Why are the newsletters being changed?
To serve you better. We're reworking our existing email newsletters to provide you with more relevant information and, for many of you, to cut down on the sheer number of emails you're receiving. We know you're busy, and we don't want you to have to wade through a ton of emails from us.

Where do I find the complete list of all newsletters?
That's easy. Visit our Email Newsletter page on our website at:

http:// www.fool.com/community/freemail/emailenter.htm

Simply enter the email address you currently receive our newsletters at and hit return.

Can I still access the information I was receiving before in emails somewhere?
The information is still available within the emails. We have merely combined various newsletters, but the same information is available in these revised offerings. For example, Hot Topics has been added to Breakfast With the Fool. In addition, Retirement, Tax Strategies, Hot Topics, and Ask The Fool are still available online at:

http://www.fool.com/foolwatch/foolwatch.htm

I used to receive the entire article in email, but now I only get part of it. Can I get the whole article delivered still?
We've streamlined the articles into a single daily email and are no longer offering delivery of the complete articles. We provide a clear link to the full article below each summary that you can use to easily link to and read the entire article.

# # #

GENERAL FAQ

How do I unsubscribe or change the address my emails are sent to?
Toward the bottom of our emails, you'll find a link to our Fool Direct Email Services. Click on that link and follow a few simple steps to unsubscribe or to modify your delivery address. You can also go to:

http://www.fool.com/community/freemail/emailenter.htm?source=&zip=

Simply enter the email address you currently receive our newsletters at and hit return.

The emails I receive on AOL don't look quite right…
If you're using AOL 6.0, you're experiencing problems because of its HTML-compatibility feature. This has resulted in changes to the appearance of our emails, including slight font size and spacing irregularities. Because of AOL's proprietary email system, we are not able to tell which version of AOL you're using. Thus, we must create a one-size-fits-all version of our AOL emails and are unable to control the slight differences between each version.

There is hope on the horizon, though. We hope to give AOL Fools a choice between plain text and HTML email in the coming months and will notify you when that happens. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm receiving multiple copies of the same email…
The Fool checks for duplicates in its databases nightly to ensure we've only got your email address on our list once. Thus, the additional emails may be a bounce from your ISP's mail server, which is fairly common. Please check with them, letting 'em know we are only sending one email but you're receiving multiple copies. They should be able to help you resolve the problem.

The links in my HTML mail don't work…
Hmmm…. First, check your mail settings and ensure you have links in mail enabled. If you're not sure how to do this, ask your service provider (for example, AOL, Yahoo!, earthlink).

If that doesn't do the trick, you may be behind a firewall. Our HTML email doesn't always go through properly to email systems behind firewalls, particularly those at .mil or .edu addresses. There are two things you can try:

1) Working with your systems administrator to see if he/she can do anything on your end to allow for proper delivery of the email.

2) Switching to plain text delivery using the link below:

http://www.fool.com/community/freemail/emailenter.htm

I haven't done anything, but my email just stopped coming…
Check with your service provider (for example, AOL, Yahoo!, earthlink) to see if they've recently installed a “mail filter.” Filters, especially those designed to block spam, will sometimes block our emails, erroneously assuming they fall into this category.

I have a hotmail.com email address and the links in my emails don't work…
Due to technical problems on Hotmail's end, the links in our emails may stop working once you've clicked on one or two. We are aware of this problem and are working with Hotmail and Microsoft to resolve the problem. In the meantime, you can access most of the information from our various newsletters via our Today's Features page at:

http://www.fool.com/foolwatch/foolwatch.htm

Until this issue is resolved, you may want to bookmark this page for easy reference.

My Motley Fool newsletters are not arriving at my Hotmail.com address...
On July 17, Hotmail.com implemented a new Spam filter. Although all of The Motley Fool's email newsletters are opt-in, and therefore not Spam, they might be sent to the junk mail folder of Hotmail.com users.

How can I ensure that my Motley Fool newsletters are not sent to my Hotmail Junk Mail Folder, but instead arrive in my inbox?
If you find that your subscription email newsletters end up in the Junk Mail Folder, just click on the link "This is not Junk Mail" and Hotmail's mail filter will move that message directly to your inbox. Once this has been done, Hotmail will ensure that your Motley Fool newsletters are sent directly to your inbox in the future.

Changing my registered username, password, or email address …
Click the "My Fool" button at the top of every Fool.com page or go to:

http://boards.fool.com/myfool/index.htm

Scroll down to “Personalization Options,” click on “Personal Settings,” and then on the item(s) you want to change under “Change Your Settings.”

Didn't find your answer above?
Post your question to the Email Newsletter Help Desk at:

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100021

a.o. August 6, 2001

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Email Newsletter Help & FAQ
Special Hotmail Info, How to Unsubscribe, Change Email Address, Etc.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement