Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: susan400 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: emerging mkt fans? Date: 1/16/2006 3:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
7 to 22 in 3 yrs.

are there any EM economic fans at TMF?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dshaker Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 15
Subject: Re: emerging mkt fans? Date: 3/10/2006 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Yes, I have had it for a long time. It has done much better than
most of my domestic stocks. It is nice to have some diversification
out of the US market.

Author: momfrr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 15
Subject: Re: emerging mkt fans? Date: 3/11/2006 11:37 AM
Susan, are you sure your numbers are correct? I am Canadian and own this fund in Cdn$. The NAV is currently around Cdn$10.6; which would be around US$9. I can't believe there would be such a huge discrepancy.

Author: lethean Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 15
Subject: Re: emerging mkt fans? Date: 5/23/2006 1:28 AM
Well, we're down 7% today. Got my attention. So I googled emerging markets.

Here's an article from the Financial Times today which discusses what's been going on in the emerging markets.

http://news.ft.com/markets/emerging

This could have the potential to ignite another 1998 scenario? Don't know. But there are derivatives out there which could set something off. Other stuff that I'm not smart enough to know. But lots of money has poured into emerging markets over the last couple of years. Makes some sense that market turmoil would start there ... and spread???

Interesting.

This has been going on for 10? days. And I missed it, until this 7% one day sell off in EMF. Hmmmm ....

BRK is my "anchor", thankfully. But the article above raises some flags, generally, IMO.

Lethean

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement