Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22707  
Subject: Emory University apologizes for anti-Jew bias Date: 10/11/2012 6:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/emory-apologizes-fo...

This is the first time I ever heard about their official policy against Jewish students.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: elann Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22101 of 22707
Subject: Re: Emory University apologizes for anti-Jew bia Date: 10/11/2012 9:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/emory-apologizes-fo......

This is the first time I ever heard about their official policy against Jewish students.

Sounds more like an under-cover policy of the dean rather than an official policy. Regardless, it's shocking, but not entirely surprising given the racism that prevailed in the south in the 50s.

Elan

Author: MsPepper Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22102 of 22707
Subject: Re: Emory University apologizes for anti-Jew bia Date: 10/12/2012 1:55 PM
Emory is a heavily Jewish school now, especially for the south.

(It was even considered desirable for Jewish kids - because there were so many and it is/was a good school - in the 80s when I was considering colleges. I lived in Texas but applied to and was accepted at Emory, though I didn't go.)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement