Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ginnyclutr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121565  
Subject: employer late W2 Date: 2/28/1999 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First my x-employer of 12/97, not only sends me a surprise W-2 of over $1800 in wages. He sends it certified mail dated 2/26/99. I have not worked or received wages since 12/97. I called the office and the secretary said that it is for the money he paid to the State of NJ for my temporary disability.
First let me tell you that he sent me my 1997 W-2 in March of 1998 and got away with that, but at least I knew it was comming.
Now he sends me a W-2 for tax year 1998 and I never worked for him, actually I am suing him for workmans comp. My lawyer said to contact an accountant which I can't afford because I had a 0 income except for the disability I received in 2 checks in May of 1998.
The state of NJ has a lien on my disability to be paid back to the state if I get money from the suit. I don't know why I have to pay tax on the money he paid to the state for my disability and then I have to give it back to the state. Either I am really stupid, dumb, retarded, etc. or this is wrong.
I called the IRS and was told that I have to report disability income, but I didn't get anything from the state to tell me how much I received and how much I paid in taxes. I know for a fact that they took out taxes automaticaly.
Now I have to file a 1040x, because I already filed my federal and state taxes. This also messes up my son's grant both from the state and the federal government, which he was just approved. Now I have to let them think I am a cheat and possibly can be fined. Believe me my employer is a doctor and he knows that he just screwed me up on purpose. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
I found the 1040x on the internet but I need the instructions for it and can't find them.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement