Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 4thebird Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 120806  
Subject: employer SS and FICA taxes? Date: 4/11/2010 12:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
if you have one employee and that employee is a health care worker are you required to get am EIN or can you use your own SS number as employer. if so where can you find that information. I can not figure out how to fit it on a 941 or a 944?

a little background SM wonts this HCW that is so disruptive that I can not get the house fixed, much less get any work done at my own home.
I would like to dump the job back on SM. I certainly did not hire this person, much less fire her. Step mom has all the money right now.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: irasmilo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110071 of 120806
Subject: Re: employer SS and FICA taxes? Date: 4/11/2010 2:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
if you have one employee and that employee is a health care worker are you required to get am EIN or can you use your own SS number as employer. if so where can you find that information. I can not figure out how to fit it on a 941 or a 944?

Assuming this is a household employee, you'll find everything you need to know in IRS Pub. 926, Household Employer's Tax Guide, www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p926.pdf. Employer taxes and any employee withholdings will be reported on Schedule H.

If not a household employee, then you will need to file either quarterly 941s or an annual 944.

In any event, "you" will need an EIN and "you" may have to pay FUTA (Form 940) and state unemployment/workmen's comp/disability insurance.

Ira

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement