Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: IndyTom One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121148  
Subject: Employer Tuition Reimbursement Question Date: 12/26/2004 9:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello!

My employer reimburses up to $4000, annually, for tuition and books.

However, there are a couple of fees, each semeseter, that my university considers mandatory (activity fee, recreational fee, and parking fee) that my employer does not recognize. These fees will total in the ballpark of $350 - annually.

Do these unreimbursed fees qualify for a tax credit (lifetime learning, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Tom in Indy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74952 of 121148
Subject: Re: Employer Tuition Reimbursement Question Date: 12/27/2004 9:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
My employer reimburses up to $4000, annually, for tuition and books.

However, there are a couple of fees, each semeseter, that my university considers mandatory (activity fee, recreational fee, and parking fee) that my employer does not recognize. These fees will total in the ballpark of $350 - annually.

Do these unreimbursed fees qualify for a tax credit (lifetime learning, etc.)?

Yes. Fees required by the institution as a condition of enrollment do qualify for the credit. See Publication 970.

Phil

Author: IndyTom One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 74996 of 121148
Subject: Re: Employer Tuition Reimbursement Question Date: 12/28/2004 1:11 AM
Recommendations: 0
Phil - thank you very much for the help!

Tom

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement