Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a small home business selling children's books on a multi-level marketing plan. I would like to employ my children so that I can start funding IRAs for them. I would be paying them minimum wage to do clerical work. They are 10 and 12 years old. Does anyone know what kind of records I need to keep to prove their earned income and what forms I need to file during the year?
Theresa 105
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.