UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Ganni1 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3431  
Subject: Energy Shortage in China Date: 12/28/2003 9:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 13
This is actually a respond to post #1774 from Larry discussing the energy problems in CHina.
As I have been travelling and busy catching up with the thousands of posts, I will make this a new thread.
Let me share with you my experience from the plants we are operating in Guangdong area.
In this area hundreds, if not thousands of new factories have been built and are still under construction -mostly in anticipation of 2005- thus increasing the power demand greatly.
In the process we were facing a lot of power shortages (note: the infrastructure is in place, at least in this area and for the existing factories) so the problem is really the capacity of the power plants.
To be less dependent on the public power grid we have decided to go ahead and build our own power plant from which we will even sell excess capacity into the grid.
As we are a private company and funding the whole project on our own, we are getting all the support from government.
The main reason being -my personal opinion!- that the government cannot build new power plants fast enough to cope with he increased demand.
Btw in a recent publication the Chinese Government announced the power shortage to be #1 priority to be solved in 2004!
So we will see a lot of new plants being build within the next years to get the capacity in line with demand.
Maybe a good time to look into stocks that could benefit from this..... !

Hope my insigths will give you guys a little better idea of what is happening here.

Ganni
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement