Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
After several discussions with M this week, we have decided to move ahead and get married. Don't worry, no wedding in the next week or anything like that. We are looking at early Spring 2013. This gives us time to plan a wedding, and make sure everything we want in a ceremony is just right.

Plus it gives us time to save money.

We are so happy about our decision. In the end, we thought this is about us, and what marriage means to us. If we wait for the the country to catch up, I will be 80, and I want to enjoy my marriage. <g>

These were long discussions about what marriage means to us, and why it is important to us that we marry. For both of us it means our relationship will be strengthened and deepened.

We have been together for 4 1/2 years, and in that time we have had incredible highs, and horrendous lows, and we will in the future as well. Marriage bonds us in a way that a boyfriend/boyfriend relationships can't. With all we have survived, we know how strong we are to handle what life will throw us as a married couple.

Feeling great this Thanksgiving.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement