Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: themeateater Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3605  
Subject: Re: Red Herring Date: 7/22/2000 2:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
EnoughAlready notes - I must disagree with you that "Xerox people can go a week without checking it [email]"

The statement was a quote (not made by me). Ref. Red Herring Magazine, July 2000, Page 364. Do you mean to state that I misquoted the article, or that the quote was incorrect?

Here's the quote in question "They live and die by email, while some of their Xerox counterparts go a week without checking."

The Article didn't state that no one at Xerox checked their Email. It just stated that some Xerox Counterparts did. Are you, EnoughAlready, in a position to dispute that?

EnoughAlready notes - I believe that you'll find that any potential culture clash between the two entities will be short-lived and inconsequential.

Please elaborate! There are several assumptions we can make:

1.) The culture clash will be short-lived and inconsequential because the two cultures are really quite similar. There is no clash, and the Red Herring Article is wrong.

2.) The culture clash will be short-lived and inconsequential because integration will occur quickly.

a.) Tektronics culture will quickly be assimulated.
b.) Or, Xerox culture will change to Tektronics.
c.) Or, Xerox supports multiple cultures.

The point of the Red Herring Article was basically that Xerox was working hard to achieve 2.c. Tektronics Culture is different, but Xerox had asolution: since one of the Tektronix division's biggest assets is its business culture, Xerox, working with KPMG, has taken great pains to build a "bubble" around OPB.

Is this Red Herring Article factual on this point?

Did circumstances change since the Article was published (and since Thoman has left)?

I really hope we continue with this discussion.

Bruno the Meateater
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement