No. of Recommendations: 0
As I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum, I'm trying to get my stuff together so I can start on my MBA next semester. I've pretty much decided on my local private school as my top choice, and several reputable distance programs as alternates. I took the GMAT last month, and scored pretty well (720, 95th %ile).

The next step, then, is to complete my application essays. This is the part that has me stumped; they all want to know why I want an MBA. They want 500-800 words of my goals, dreams, and ambitions. Is this simply a writing test, to see whether I can express myself coherently, or do they expect us to have some great and noble goal in mind before enrolling? It seems a bit brazen for a 30-year-old MBA candidate to predict himself as a CFO or pioneering entrepreneur in ten years. My goal isn't nearly so bold; I just want to understand the inner workings of the healthcare industry so I can take advantage of whatever opportunities arise in the next few decades. I have no idea what those opportunities will be, but as Louis Pasteur noted, chance favors the prepared mind.

--
Raven
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement