UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lamourish One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10320  
Subject: Enter password? What CRAP Date: 12/29/2004 6:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hello Fools,

After happily using a much older version of quicken and pocket quicken, I jumped on a cheap offer to upgrade.

As it turns out, EVERY *BLEEPING* time I hotsync my palm device (with pocket quicken), I need to enter the password on the desktop. Landware says talk to intuit and intuit says talk to landware.

If you use pocket quicken, DO NOT upgrade. I have lost my data multiple times as I forgot to babysit my computer and the battery ran dead waiting for the password.

-l
Print the post Back To Top
Author: KennyO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5629 of 10320
Subject: Re: Enter password? What CRAP Date: 12/29/2004 7:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I need to enter the password on the desktop.

Which software is password protected? The title bar of the password dialog box usually shows which program is demanding a password. Often when password protection is provided in applications it can be bypassed by changing it to a blank password field. That's the case in Quickbooks, though you still have to hit the enter key, so that wouldn't solve your problem; I've never tried passwords in Quicken.(Unless you state otherwise I'll assume that your desktop is already open when you press the Hot Sync button and/or that your OS isn't configured to require a password.)

Landware says talk to intuit and intuit says talk to landware.

This is on my short list of favorites "help" responses. I take it that neither one helped you determine exactly which application was demanding the password.

Scott Cook and all his minions should be condemned for all eternity to use their own products.

KennyO

Author: markcov One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5862 of 10320
Subject: Re: Enter password? What CRAP Date: 1/31/2005 4:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hmm, late reply here.

Which version of Quicken / Pocket Quicken are you using?

I'm using Quicken DLX 2004 and PQ2.03 (Build 83). From what I can tell PQ puts all the transactions in the "Quick Entry" register for Quicken. That's the small app that lets you enter transactions into quicken without opening quicken itself. Then when you open quicken it should import the transactions and you'll them in Quicken.

Which password is it that you are entering? Do you have your Quicken file password protected? I don't have a password on my Quicken file and I'm never asked to enter a password during a HotSync.

Hope I can help, I love PQ and Quicken personally.

Mark

Author: lamourish One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5888 of 10320
Subject: Re: Enter password? What CRAP Date: 2/2/2005 3:15 PM
Recommendations: 0
Yup. You hit it on the head. It is the Quicken password that needs entering. My quicken is password protected. It is a known issue by landware, intuit doesn't recognize it specifically stating that it is a third-party issue.

l

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement