Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sucko1ak Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4337  
Subject: error66 and Quixtar Date: 5/17/2001 3:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
error66, I am SO glad that you joined the Fool JUST to educate us fools about the wonders of Quixtar and how we are a bunch of whiners, wimps, weenies, and stinking thinkers. Your post record indicates this WAS your intent (All messages so far are defending Quixtar... Do you have any other interests?)

Ultimately, we can argue all day whether SA8 is better than Tide, Ford is better than GM, Amway water filters are better than Brita, etc., etc.

This is not about products. Quixtar is not about selling product. It is SUPPOSED to be, I give you that, but when distributors spend more time recruiting than selling, its MLM.

Now, my sister-in-law and her husband work at Amway, which does all its business now through Quixtar. They have round after round of layoffs because NO PRODUCT IS MOVING!!! What does this say about the product? The market does NOT value the product. The economic/marginal cost is greater than the benefits. That's all that matters in a capitalist economy.

If you were an investor, would you buy stock if this company had an IPO? They're privately owned, but what if there was an IPO? Could you really look at their utterly pitiful, "growth," and put your money into its stock? Walmart makes billions in sales every year and its only 20 years old. Amway (now Quixtar) has been around for 50 years, and seldom makes a billion. The market does not accept MLM, and, until the MARKET accepts MLM, I opt out, and you'd be wise to try to get a refund on your membership.

Tell us when you make a NET profit.

-Al

*Ready to retire at 19, but willing to wait for 30.*
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement