UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 884275  
Subject: Errrgh. Gotta be vigilent Date: 1/17/2013 9:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
So I take 2 prescriptions every day. Started taking them last year when I had all my medical stuff, and I had met my max out of pocket for the year.

A few months ago I had one Rx filled. I always check them before I leave, and I noticed that what had always been capsules were now tablets. I verified with the pharmacist that yes, this was the same time release Rx that I'd had before, just in tablet, not capsule form.

So now each time I've gotten them filled, they've been tablets, and because I met my out of pocket for last year, until now I haven't had to pay for anything. I knew the price was high, but I didn't really have any skin in the game, so to speak, so I didn't pay too much attention.

Today, comparing prices, I found out that the capsule form of the drug is only $29, compared to the table form which is well over $100!! Rite Aid changed it to the tablet form to be able to charge more. What a rip off. And this is a generic that's been on the market forever.

I fired off a nasty letter to Rite Aid about why I'm changing my Rx to another store.

So be warned, in case someone tries this with you.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement