No. of Recommendations: 0
Assume you are the caretaker for a disabled individual & plan to leave your remaining assets to the disabled person. Your assets consist of Traditional Iras, Roth Iras, and funds in taxable accounts. You will be drawing down on these accounts to supplement your SS income. From which classification of assets should you draw done on first? Your goal is to provide the disabled individual with the best type of assets that will benefit him the most.

Note - as caretaker you are familiar with the need to set up a Special Needs Trust but you are not sure which type of asset will be most beneficial to the benefactor.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.