UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76075  
Subject: Estate Planning List Date: 7/15/2012 2:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Sometime over the weekend, I listen to the podcast of public radio's Marketplace. This week one of their guests, Jill Schlesinger of CBS's MarketWatch, mentioned an estate planning checklist.

Here's a link to the list:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-38044681/estate-plann...

Hopefully, none of our heirs will thank us for having used such a list for a long time.
PF
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70839 of 76075
Subject: Re: Estate Planning List Date: 7/15/2012 4:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I would think the name of the attorney who drafted the will, trust, power of attorney would also come in handy. If questions arise, he is the one best suited to explain or defend the wording and the thinking.

Author: Dwdonhoff Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70841 of 76075
Subject: Re: Estate Planning List Date: 7/16/2012 2:47 AM
Recommendations: 1
A few more things... piddly in some aspects... kinda important in others, especially for those of us who have pretty much become completely "plugged in";

Password & Logins to all critical web accounts,
Same for all email accounts (and a list of such accounts,)
A brief list of communities important to notify.

Dave

Author: hockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70842 of 76075
Subject: Re: Estate Planning List Date: 7/16/2012 11:07 AM
Recommendations: 3
FWIW I now keep a file that I call "Open Sesame" that has all my current usernames and passwords. I print it for DW regularly and keep it "hopefully" buried. I keep a story about Alladin for the first page so it doesn't give it away with a cursury look. These are changing much more often so even my yearly update is outdated in case of the dirtnap.

Hockeypop

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70871 of 76075
Subject: Re: Estate Planning List Date: 7/20/2012 12:10 AM
About 5 years ago my late sister gave me a file with her passwords and account sign on IDs. When she departed the world, it was exceedingly useful, but it pre-dated password management software.

Today, I have my account links encrypted in RoboForm and have left the master password w/ my family members.

PM

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70872 of 76075
Subject: Re: Estate Planning List Date: 7/20/2012 8:58 AM
I keep it simple and just put the user id and password in the text of the bookmark link so my spouse (and I) can find it if needed.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement