UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: EdmundBrannen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Estate Problem Date: 7/1/1998 1:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Estate taxes loom. Three pieces of real estate need removing from net worth. Where can I get good data on family limited partnerships?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: piz Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4098 of 76418
Subject: Re: Estate Problem Date: 7/1/1998 2:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
EdmundBrannen wrote:
Estate taxes loom. Three pieces of real estate need removing from net worth. Where can I get good data on family limited partnerships?

You might also want to consider a Revokable Living Trust. While it can't eliminate estate taxes, it can minimize and defer them. In addition, you avoid probate (a good idea, both because of the expense to the estate and to keep your estate private - probate is a public process, a concern in some cases, especially for large estates).

Piz

Author: cameron One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4099 of 76418
Subject: Re: Estate Problem Date: 7/1/1998 3:08 PM
<< Estate taxes loom. Three pieces of real estate need removing from net worth. Where can I get good data on family limited partnerships? >>

You should talk to a good estate planning attorney. Family limited partnerships can be complicated, and the IRS hates them. If one would be helpful for you, you want to make sure it is done correctly because the IRS will look at it very closely and will try to disregard it if possible.

Cameron

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement