Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ataxmvn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19222  
Subject: Estate Tax Limitations Date: 8/15/2000 5:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have just read your column on how to limit estate taxes. You are correct that the first $650,000.00 of the value of the estate, at the time of death, is exempt for estate taxes. But only if the beneficiary is and American citizen. If not, the exmption is lower and there is no marital exemption. This can be avoided by a special trust, the name of which escapes me. Your article did not include this information and implies that the exemption quoted, is true for all taxpayers. You might want to alert your subscribers of this.

Arnold Pinck, E.A.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4807 of 19222
Subject: Re: Estate Tax Limitations Date: 8/15/2000 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Arnold, and welcome. You wrote:

<<You are correct that the first $650,000.00 of the value of the estate, at the time of death, is exempt for estate taxes. But only if the beneficiary is and American citizen. If not, the exmption is lower and there is no marital exemption. This can be avoided by a special trust, the name of which escapes me. Your article did not include this information and implies that the exemption quoted, is true for all taxpayers. You might want to alert your subscribers of this.>>

Ah, the proverbial exception. Thanks for pointing it out. It's true aliens do not get the same estate tax breaks as citizens.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement