Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife and I recently retired and, except for about $10,000 in Social Security, all of our income for the year 2000 will be derived from long-term capital gains. If all of those gains are realized during the first and second quarters, can I legally make our estimated tax payments in four equal quarterly payments or must I make them in quarters one and two and then make none for quarters three and four.

Also, is there any way to avoid completing a form 2210 in this case.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.