No. of Recommendations: 1
After two days, I was able to get a call back from etrade where I was told that the reason I'm not seeing a "download" button to dump bond data into excel is because the users who have that were "grandfathered in" as they had it before the new system was created. I know others on this board have had the same problem so thought I'd post.
Print the post Back To Top
LONGREITS,

You wrote, After two days, I was able to get a call back from etrade where I was told that the reason I'm not seeing a "download" button to dump bond data into excel is because the users who have that were "grandfathered in" as they had it before the new system was created. I know others on this board have had the same problem so thought I'd post.

Apparently my grandfather is MIA... :-)

- Joel
I haven't seen the Etrade bond pages, but if you can get enough data on one web page, you can select it in your browser (I use Firefox) and then in Excel do Edit/Paste Special and select "text", and then paste into the spreadsheet. This frequently will give you the proper column separation, although you may have empty columns -- some lightweight macro's can take care of that.

I've converted a lot of web pages into spreadsheets this way . . .
Advertisement