Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Smegmaster Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 634  
Subject: european logistics Date: 6/20/2000 11:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
dear international Fools,

i need a bit of help. my father is apparently interested in shipping companies, transportation of goods, things like that (logistics). he wants me to find companies like that in europe, and i thought this might be a good place to start. he is thinking along the lines of DHL or FedEx; my question is: what is out there in europe?

fool on,
hongkongsean
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FrenchorFoe Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 418 of 634
Subject: Re: european logistics Date: 6/26/2000 5:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Stegmaster:

I do not see what you are looking for. You are mentionning two "courrier" companies that are quite active in Europe, but you say you are interested in logistics in general. You may know that the transportation of goods business is partially owned by governments in Europe (railways, airways, snail mail, etc.).

There are some trucking companies but there are presently trying to keep a positive margin because of the oil price increase, and they could not increase their rates.

In the trucking business, Geodis (http://www.geodis.fr/) and Danzas, a Swiss company (http://www.danzas.com) would be a good start.

FoF

Author: Brice301093 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 427 of 634
Subject: Re: european logistics Date: 7/6/2000 2:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
he is thinking along the lines of DHL or FedEx; my question is: what is out there in europe? <>

DHL, Fedex,...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement