UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1963247  
Subject: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 8:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
"Eagan: Even liberals are leaping off bandwagon"

snip
"You know the worm has turned when even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow hold their noses at the stench from Barack Obama’s scandals — when so many stories from the so-called liberal press now describe the erstwhile Messiah as “aloof,” “arrogant” and “holier than thou.”
"The same media types accused of covering Obama on bended knee — such as myself — are now turning our collective backs. And no wonder. What we’re learning about his administration has undermined our basic trust in government. Yet the president seems oblivious to how serious and unsettling these scandals are, and how much damage he’s done to his own agenda. And how he’s fed right into the fears of the tin-foil hat set who can point to these very scary power grabs and say, “See? He really is coming to get us.”

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/columnists/margery_eaga...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877711 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 8:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
And how he’s fed right into the fears of the tin-foil hat set who can point to these very scary power grabs and say, “See? He really is coming to get us.”

You have to wonder where Matthews is wearing his tin foil, given that thrill of his.

yeah, it is funny how people who are scared of government power grabs can be so irrational when they are in the middle of what they said was happening, and half the country agrees it is going on, but somehow keeps saying they were wrong

I wonder if when Chris turns around this is this pod, that is controlling his mind? there has to be some explanation.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877718 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 8:54 AM
Recommendations: 2
But in reality, they are more upset with how he's handling these scandals, not with the actual scandals themselves. They aren't concerned with the substance.

I wonder if they would have changed their view if MSNBC was tapped instead of the AP? Or if they had a relative who was working on the Benghazi embassy on Sept 11th?

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877724 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 9:29 AM
Recommendations: 3
"You know the worm has turned when even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow hold their noses at the stench from Barack Obama’s scandals

Can't speak for Chris Matthews, but Maddow is certainly holding her nose... at the stench rising up from the Republican lynching party regarding Benghazi.

he White House yesterday afternoon released the inter-agency communications that went into crafting the "talking points" requested by Congress last September. Lawmakers already saw these materials months ago -- they found nothing controversial at the time -- but Republicans and the media decided it was time to see them again.

So, the administration, eager to put the matter to rest, released the documents. In turn, we learned what we already knew: there was no cover-up; State and the CIA engaged in a predictable bureaucratic "tug of war"; and this:

The internal debate did not include political interference from the White House, according to the e-mails, which were provided to congressional intelligence committees several months ago.

And with that, everything Republican conspiracy theorists desperately wanted Americans to believe -- there's a scandal; there's a cover-up; there's evidence the White House manipulated and lied about a crisis for political ends -- suddenly evaporated before our very eyes.

House Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) office issued a statement last night saying the revelations raised more questions. In fact, I have one myself: how is any fair-minded person still expected to take the Republican arguments about this non-scandal seriously?

What's more, note that most sensible people realized the right's conspiracy theories were wrong, which is why the so-called "controversy" was relegated to Republican media, until last Friday's report from ABC News pushed the story into the mainstream. That ABC News report, we now know, was wrong.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/05/16/18295499-watchi...

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877732 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 9:43 AM
LOL, keep spinning Padre! These scandals are going to be front and center for a LONG time, get used to it.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877734 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 9:50 AM
Recommendations: 8
LOL, keep spinning Padre! These scandals are going to be front and center for a LONG time, get used to it.

Spinning? The emails released demolish the Republican arguments on Benghazi.

But will this stop the Republican lynch party? Nope.

Increasingly divorced from facts, you guys will pursue this thing to the bitter end.

That's what lynch parties do.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877735 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 9:52 AM
But in reality, they are more upset with how he's handling these scandals, not with the actual scandals themselves. They aren't concerned with the substance.

I wonder if they would have changed their view if MSNBC was tapped instead of the AP? Or if they had a relative who was working on the Benghazi embassy on Sept 11th?

Wow, did you nail this one. The left is more upset that Obama GOT CAUGHT screwing with the racist tea party. They would have handed over ALL of AP's phone records had he just *asked* them for the info.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877736 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 9:57 AM
Recommendations: 3
Maddow is full of crap and as usual, a dishonest liar.

Obama HAD NEVER released the emails before. He let Congress READ some of them - he never gave them out for copies. That's number one.

Number two, she didn't happen to notice the date at the top of the very first email released. I'll help her: it's 9/14. Do you and Rachel want to argue that the very first email sent out was 3 days after the attack? Thought not. And pray tell, why were hacks like Nuland in the emails and not, oh, Hillary!?

BTW. If you read the mails you'll see that the FBI says it was al Qaeda.

Nice use of the word "lynching", a code word. You've done it twice. Sorry, but racism has zip to do with Hillary! and Obama's competence level.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877740 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 10:12 AM
But will this stop the Republican lynch party? Nope.

Careful. You're only allowed to use the lynching metaphor when talking about Clarence Thomas or Herman Cain.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877741 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 10:12 AM
Nice use of the word "lynching", a code word.

I will say that it's nice to see you admitting the existence of code words.

Been trying to tell you that for some time.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877748 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 10:21 AM
Recommendations: 1
Divorced from facts? Bill, it's not our side which is divorced from the facts. The liberal spear carriers are the most truthless people in America. They need to get out of politics and out of the media and let some people get in there who can at least tell a truth or 2 for every thousand lies they tell. We righties, even if we might at times be insensitive A holes, will at least tell you the truth. All the lefty spear chuckers do is pander to their base, and anybody with one properly working brain cell knows it.

Like so many posts here, yours contains nothing in the way of objective facts, just subjective opinions with a few insults thrown in for good measure.

It's easy to insult. Harder to make a case.

Rachel effectively made her case. And the persuasiveness of her case does not depend upon whether the first email released was dated 9/14 rather than 9/12.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877753 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 10:51 AM
Recommendations: 1
Nice use of the word "lynching", a code word. You've done it twice. Sorry, but racism has zip to do with Hillary! and Obama's competence level.

One thing the last week has really driven home is as bad as some of us thought the left had become, we had not even scratched the surface.

This show by the left is simply awe inspiring.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877771 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 11:53 AM
Rachel effectively made her case. And the persuasiveness of her case does not depend upon whether the first email released was dated 9/14 rather than 9/12.

Rachel made no case. In fact, what she posted is idiotic. Her first objection is that lawmakers "saw" the emails months ago, and so there's nothing there because this is coming out now?

That's stupid. For one, Obama NEVER released the emails. He let the lawmakers glance at them. No copies, nothing.

This post of hers reads like something that bufftrainer would write. At least now I know where he gets his particular droolings from. To wit:

What's more, note that most sensible people realized the right's conspiracy theories were wrong, which is why the so-called "controversy" was relegated to Republican media, until last Friday's report from ABC News pushed the story into the mainstream. That ABC News report, we now know, was wrong.

All this is dumb hyperbole. She made no case, all she's done is insult people that she hates anyway. I lend no credence to this kind of claptrap. It's not surprising that the dumber members of this board watch her on TV and vomit forth her opinion; it's very surprising that you'd do it too.

Author: bufftrainer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1877899 of 1963247
Subject: Re: Even Liberals Are Leaping Off Bandwagon Date: 5/16/2013 9:16 PM

Increasingly divorced from facts, you guys will pursue this thing to the bitter end.

That's what lynch parties do.

They'll do what they did with Clinton, but this time with no blue dress or impeachment. They've been through so many failed attempts to manufacture scandal, and they'll have many more, that the President will become immune to accusations, inoculated by previous attacks. He'll be bulletproof.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement