Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Even though the Medicare B premium increase doesn't get collected if you pay through withholding from your SS benefit, don't you still pay the Medicare surcharge if your income in the applicable lookback year was high enough? Those people, as well as people subject to the surcharge in one year but not the other, should see a change in their Medicare B premium.

My income for 2009 was very much lower because I did not have to take any RMD for that year. Normally, I pay the Medicare surcharge. I am not sure what year the lower income (2009) will take effect. For that year, I should be paying the normal $96+ Medicare fee.

How many years is SS behind in calculating your income?

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.