Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WhidbeyIsland One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 140  
Subject: Ever changed? What caused you to? Date: 7/17/2012 2:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Full disclosure: I have been a hard-core atheist all my life. I have also been fascinated by religion all my life, causing Christians of many flavors to think I want to be "converted" to their beliefs. Where I live now, I have friends who are devout Christians. As is Christian practice, they endeavor to convert me to their belief system. Many Christians I have known have been very intolerant. For example, my daughter is a lesbian; quite a few Christians go ballistic about homosexuality. However, my current Christian friends are quite tolerant and accept homosexuals into their church, and claim they would welcome me as an atheist. I doubt they started out that way; so somehow they changed many of their beliefs while still hanging on to what they consider their core belief. So, the questions I pose (and will ask on several other active religious boards) are:

Have you ever changed some of your beliefs (religious and otherwise)?
What impelled you to make such changes?

Interpret, embellish, vary, as you find most appropriate. Thank you.

Stephen Kahn (living on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Back to the Future Buffalo Wild Wings
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement