Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: anuvaka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18286  
Subject: Re: They're Gonna Kill Us Date: 9/3/2009 6:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Every other industrialized nation has a central, governmentaly administered health care program.
They spend half of what we spend.
They do so because profit is not involved in the equation.

Well, you nailed it there.

The US thinks that health care is a business, not a Right or a Privilege.
Basically they are saying "if you can't afford it , you are Not American"
I don't agree.
There has to be a Minimum health care for all citizens, weather it is State sponsored or Federal sponsored. I don't expect it to cover everything, perhaps only emergency services. Medicare should be a step up.
We are not set up for a National Health Care. It would screw up the entire system to go that way. The US will NOT go the way of Britain, Canada or France, but start something new and different.

deficits are already higher than hell and WE CAN'T FRICKIN' AFFORD IT!!!
Sure, it is more than a struggle now. But under Clinton, when we had a budget surplus, no one opted for any health care plan. Since FDR we had plans for a US Health Care plan and it never passed Congress.
You will "pay" for it one way or another.
Your $10 procedure will cost your insurance $100 if you have to pay for 9 other "indigent" procedures from the Emergency room. And You pay for the insurance.
I'd like to see a Preventive Health Care instead of an "emergency" healthcare. Diabetes, heart problems, overweight, high cholesterol, tooth decay and dozens of other problems can be prevented. But we don't.

Look at it this way.
We treat the bullet wound, give blood transfusions and surgery but we do NOTHING to prevent pulling the trigger, owning a gun or buying ammo.
OR
We give adoption counciling, abortions, paid pregnancy sessions, and Fed paid birthing. But we don't allow the sale of condoms or birth control pills.

No matter how you look at it, the Public pays the bill. I would rather see the bill paid in a looking forward, no pain way than pay taxes for "Emergency Services" like Wal*Mart wants.

No, I don't think I want National Health Care, but I DO want a better system than we have now. There are too many people who cannot afford to pay for the required medical procedure and cannot afford the insurance.

There has to be a better way.

jC
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement