Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Everyone,

We on my board have ONE really serious liberal and I can't say enough about what a blessing that is.

When one considers that we're all intelligent posters, differing views without the static of media or speechwriters can sometimes state the issues of a particular political mindset MUCH more elloquently. We've managed to understand that opposing viewpoints are merely quests to ascertain whether we've gotten it right or not.

It's happening here as well.

The respectful debate is a dying art. Debate has come to mean 'fight'. It don't mean that at all! It's the art of putting whatever your experience has taught you out there to the masses in order to compare it with other's experience that just might teach you something about a subject.

Ever hear the expression, "That guy just HATES to be wrong!"? Well, I submit to you all that most people who get that said about them deserve just the opposite! They LOVE to be wrong. They'll fight tooth and nail to hold on to their wrong beliefs.

I hate to be wrong. Truely.

That's why I listen with respect, questions, and sometimes outright examples of the opposite, to see if I'm missing something.

I'm pretty excited about this board. The more boards like this on the Fool, the better.

Long live The Cambridge Group!!

k
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement