Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: seldom958 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10  
Subject: EWS Date: 6/22/2007 8:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm up 31% since buying in March---see msg #2.

So I'll stick with it.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mardukkorn One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 10
Subject: Re: EWS Date: 6/23/2007 4:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
p/e is around 20 - feels too high to me, inflation is low so high pe maybe be ok for now.Large caps are fairly valued , small caps are still cheap.

I own a small amount of EWS,I own much more in EWY (korea) - looks cheaper.

On the ground here in Singapore is see a drop in interest rates and a real estate boom, so the economy seems to be doing fine. I see nothing wrong except some frothiness in real estate. Still a pe of 20 just worries me, I like to hold only the cheapest stocks so the korea index and some small caps in singapore still feel better than owning the full index.

Any specific picks in singapore ?

Author: invprft Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 10
Subject: Re: EWS Date: 12/24/2007 10:01 AM
All,

You might wish to look at the following link, according to the article Singapore has the lowest PE, the lowest PD/GDP and its GDP growth is high, 8.9%.......looks good to me.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/57366-country-p-e-to-gdp-growth-ratios-emerging-markets-top-list

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement