UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: johnny2564 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 126964  
Subject: ex-wife taking half of house Date: 2/8/2000 10:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
i have a home worth about$380k in san francisco. I bought it at $250K and have it paid down to $180K. Now, i'm getting a divorce, but i will get to keep the house. Problem is my soon-to-be ex-wife will want her half. My idea is to take a second for her half and keep the house instead of selling, because of the bay area market being a great investment??? any suggestions???
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AnAdvice Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8954 of 126964
Subject: Re: ex-wife taking half of house Date: 2/9/2000 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I am in favor of your plan. Keep it, it's a great investment where you are.

Author: mauidude One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8968 of 126964
Subject: Re: ex-wife taking half of house Date: 2/9/2000 6:49 PM
Yea... I suppose I chainsaw is out of the question.

Seriously though. Your thinking is correct. A house is not a very liquid asset. You can't just cash in on it that easily (and taking the time to get what it's worth is gonna drag things out even longer).

Good Luck

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement