Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: 3Fairfield Three stars, 500 posts Ticker Guide SN Explorer 1 Mission Team Member Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 114  
Subject: Excellent KORS 3Q 2012 earnings report Date: 2/15/2012 12:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
KORS stock is up 100% since IPO on 12/16/2012 two months ago. Management projects same store growth in double digits; and domestic growth, as well as growth in Europe and Asia, as they continue to open stores in all three regions. In addition to designer and sports wear, other new growth areas for KORS in 2012 will be featured in their "shop in shop" expansion focusing on accessories, watches (by Fossil) and costume jewelry, along with ready to wear. They see lots of opportunity there.

This could be an exciting retail stock to follow in 2012.

John Idol, KORS Chairman was optimistic when he reported 2/14/2012 on 3Q work well done (post 12/16/2012 IPO):

“We are pleased with our third quarter sales and earnings growth. Our results were driven by strong performance across each of our retail, wholesale and licensing segments. Our North American comparable store sales growth was 38.0% over the third quarter of last year.

These results reflect the strong demand for the Michael Kors luxury brand, our exciting assortment of fashion merchandise and our exceptional jet-set in-store experience. Along with sustaining strong comparable store sales results in North America, we also delivered significant growth in our wholesale segment.

In Europe, revenues tripled in the third quarter as a result of a 34.4% comparable store sales increase over last year, in addition to strong performance in the wholesale operations. In Japan, we are cautiously encouraged by our results for this business which is in the start-up phase. Licensing revenue grew 44.0% due to strong sales of our products during the holiday season led by the Michael Kors watch line. We are uniquely positioned to continue to build our global, luxury lifestyle brand and we have tremendous opportunity for growth.”

The full story with lots of detail is available on the MK website Investors Webcast for 3Q: http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/f5qkwr9z/lan/en

I am looking forward to continued good news from MK as it builds on its plan for growth and branding. Price to Book Value is high right now, but I believe the numbers will bear out through the development in the next fiscal year.

I admit I'm basically intuiting my forecast since I love the brand and have for 20 years and I am a neophyte on financial number crunching, so a Fool that has analytical skills could certainly add to the KORS discussion!

So would like to hear what other MFers have to say about KORS. I am very tempted to buy the stock but want to hear others' opinions.

j.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement