Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: moseykitty One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121482  
Subject: Excess 401(k) Date: 8/9/2001 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

I read an article on CNNfN about what they called an "excess 401(k)" where a company can favor highly compensated employees somehow.

Does anyone know what they are talking about? Is it just a Keough perhaps?

Thanks

MK
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53206 of 121482
Subject: Re: Excess 401(k) Date: 8/9/2001 3:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I read an article on CNNfN about what they called an "excess 401(k)" where a company can favor highly compensated employees somehow.

The law includes "nondiscrimination" rules which apply to "highly-compensated" employees. There's a comparison between what they contribute and what other employees contribute, and the highly-compensated may be required to withdraw some of their contributions. I believe it's covered to some extent in Publication 575, but your plan administrator would probably be the best source if you have some personal concerns.

Phil Marti

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement