No. of Recommendations: 0
Having switched employers in June and still wishing to max my 2003 contributions, I went a little overboard. By $80.

My HR knows to file 402(g) excess with our 401k provider. I hear they will issue me a check for that amount and I'll get a 1099R next February 2005.

They tell me to ignore that 1099R (since it will apply to 2003 earnings not 2004).

Then they say 'your tax advisor will know what to do with that $80 for your 2003 return'. Well, I am using TurboTax and haven't gotten to anything about that yet.

And, of course, it's Foolish to know every detail about filing correctly. Where will this excess contribution returned to me be entered into my 2003 1040 ?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.