Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I miscalculated and contributed an excess to my SEP-IRA in 2000. but my total contribution to my SEP will be under $2000. can I take it out of the SEP-IRA and set up a regular IRA instead ? or can I contribute the excess to a regular IRA? can you have both? thanks for any suggestions.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.