Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: projectchris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 639  
Subject: Exel-video explains PSA phenomenon Date: 2/4/2013 12:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://vimeo.com/47608287
Print the post Back To Top
Author: projectchris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 528 of 639
Subject: Re: Exel-video explains PSA phenomenon Date: 2/4/2013 1:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Exel-video explains PSA phenomenon or not. Early listening to video had me prematurely thinking that they might explain this phenomenon better.

Thought the video was interesting in that

Cabo treated mice were well tolerated up to 4 weeks, after that mice didn't look healthy. Thought to be that the mice didn't eat, and had translucent teeth. They did another study lowering dose over time, and mice were healthier.

Cabo demonstrated half of bone necrotic tumor cell death in models. Couldn't explain the other half not dying. Less tumor bone growth

Cabo demonstrated more bone growth in healthy bone. Went on to state this may be helpful to combine Cabo in Androgen deprivation treated patients as these patients go on to develop osteoporosis.

It is getting late, so I will put out some other interesting tidbits another day.

Author: marsuculix One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 529 of 639
Subject: Re: Exel-video explains PSA phenomenon Date: 2/4/2013 10:13 AM
Recommendations: 2
hi Chris,
what should this 1 year old video tell us? I don't see anything that give more insight in the clinical progress of cabo. Next occasion to learn more about the clinical efficacy of cabo will be @ ASCO 2013 in 4 month from now...
until then I am patiently holding on,
marsuculix

Author: projectchris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 530 of 639
Subject: Re: Exel-video explains PSA phenomenon Date: 2/4/2013 1:01 PM
Recommendations: 5
hi Chris,
what should this 1 year old video tell us?I don't see anything that give more insight in the clinical progress of cabo. Next occasion to learn more about the clinical efficacy of cabo will be @ ASCO 2013 in 4 month from now...
until then I am patiently holding on,
marsuculix

It tells us rationale for developing future trial designs, and why Exelixis management might make certain choices that they have made, or possibly why they might make certain choices going forward. I for one, am curious as to why Exelixis management has decided to pursue randomized combo study with abiraterone or enzalutamide on company dime in the pre-chemo setting when they have a CRADA in place. Exelixis couldn't get anyone interested in randomized combo trial? I like to put myself in management's shoes, and consider what I would do. I ask myself with information available does management make wise risk/reward decisions, and whether I want to continue a vested interest in the company with that in mind?

Surely I'm not going to invest purely on Cabo Xenograph models, but some of the patient clinical confirmations from Cabo Xenographs have been interesting thus far.

ASCO GU is in 2 weeks, and we may see new patient data in Bladder Cancer. Unclear if the abstract #314 pertains to current phase 2 patient study followup from the preceding preclinical work.

Abstract #314
Preclinical and correlative studies of cabozantinib (XL184) in urothelial cancer (UC).
Andrea B. Apolo, MD
Poster Board: #J7

Andrea Apolo is lead investigator of current phase 2 cabo treated patients in bladder cancer.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement