UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65472  
Subject: Export/Import pictures Date: 1/7/2013 7:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I want to export pictures from a Windows 7 PC to a Macbook into iPhoto.

What's the best way to do that without losing metadata, like dates, etc...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61930 of 65472
Subject: Re: Export/Import pictures Date: 1/7/2013 8:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I believe this will work, but you might want to try one image as a test. It will import and I know it brings in some meta data - just don't know about all meta data.

Copy folders of images in a flash drive. Copy folders from the flash drive and "drop" the folder on the iPhoto icon in your dock.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: Follydolly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61936 of 65472
Subject: Re: Export/Import pictures Date: 1/8/2013 12:44 PM
Copy folders of images in a flash drive. Copy folders from the flash drive and "drop" the folder on the iPhoto icon in your dock.

Make sure you import the originals that have all the metadata attached.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement