UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1718  
Subject: Extended warranties Date: 11/3/2008 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am buying a new dishwasher, a KitchenAid (probably... see my next post), which only has a 1-year warranty. My husband doesn't want to get the $99, 5-year extended warranty. He feels that if anything's wrong with the unit, we'll know within the first year, and he also feels he'll be able to fix it himself if it breaks. A friend who has a Frigidaire dishwasher is happy she got the extended warranty because she's had multiple problems with the motherboard. She said this problem would be hard to fix yourself, and require a $300 part each time, if not covered under the extended warranty.

Thoughts?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1706 of 1718
Subject: Re: Extended warranties Date: 11/3/2008 6:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Um, this is totally on the wrong board. SORRY

Author: mickaelangelo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1708 of 1718
Subject: Re: Extended warranties Date: 11/4/2008 9:04 AM
Recommendations: 4
Duh.

First off, your husband is right...about everything, always. It would behoove you to stop questioning his judgment.

Secondly, if the dishwasher breaks down after the first year you buy another one. Simple.

Don't be a cheap bastard.

mick

PS - Get the most expensive one

Author: kaellner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1709 of 1718
Subject: Re: Extended warranties Date: 11/4/2008 11:06 AM
Recommendations: 2
Secondly, if the dishwasher breaks down after the first year you buy another one. Simple.

Oy. If the dishwasher breaks down, you marry another one.

Author: mickaelangelo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1710 of 1718
Subject: Re: Extended warranties Date: 11/4/2008 12:01 PM
Recommendations: 0
PPS - we have two Boschs

Author: sugarski Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1717 of 1718
Subject: Re: Extended warranties Date: 11/9/2013 3:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
Well it broke after exactly 5 years. THANKS A LOT, MICK!

Author: BatonSinister Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1718 of 1718
Subject: Re: Extended warranties Date: 11/9/2013 5:48 PM
Recommendations: 0
marry another one

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement