Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I recently came across an interesting newsletter called 'Extreme Value'. The publisher of the letter is named Dan Ferris and he seems to have an interesting way of researching his stock reccomendations. He physically travels to each potential company and inspects the property, the manufacturing process, the potential demand for products & services, etc..... He claims that a high margin of safety can be had in investing in companies that have a smaller market cap than the actual value of the land the company owns. Due to the hands on approach of this investment research, Mr. Ferris charges a premium for this service. ($1,000 per year) He also claims that the minimum gain on any one of his stock reccommendations is 32%. I am currently a subscriber to the Fool Inside Value, but I do like the hands on way of research that this newsletter presents. Has anyone here ever heard of this service / tried it? If his claims are true, then of course the newletter would be worth it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement