Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Donde Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 105  
Subject: Exxon to buy Date: 12/14/2009 9:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/exxon-mobil-to-buy-xto-ener...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Suiname Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 97 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/14/2009 11:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
This is awesome!

Author: kahakaiBum One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/14/2009 2:55 PM
Recommendations: 0
What does this mean for shareholders?
I've not seen any details of the deal yet.
Do we hold onto XTO shares and let the deal go through or sell
for a tidy profit?

This almost feels like Marvel all over again....<<<<sigh>>>>>>>>

What to do...what to do....

Mahalo,
Sharan

Author: beewiz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 99 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/14/2009 3:49 PM
I want the answer to that question too. As an aside - what about the investigation? Will news of it affect stock price?

Author: Donde Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/14/2009 4:15 PM
prices were fixed at close of day last Fri

deal will close q2 of 2010, share price will be 51 and change

sell now and move on for less profit

hold for close of deal

buy more shares lower than 51 now and get 51 and change in Spring

all good choices

donde

Author: kahakaiBum One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 103 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/16/2009 2:48 PM
Seems almost everytime there is a big deal announced, some legal firm or another files a lawsuit with similar claims. It happened with Marvel, too. I don't think it will be anything to worry about.

Sharan =)

Author: Huskie86 Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 104 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/17/2009 7:54 PM
One potential issue is if the gov't makes fracking uneconomical or deems it environmental unfriendly. At that point Exxon call pull the plug on the deal.

Author: kahakaiBum One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 105 of 105
Subject: Re: Exxon to buy Date: 12/22/2009 6:45 PM
What effect, if any, will this have on Hugton Royality (HGT)?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement