Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57352  
Subject: Re: Update on "Bad news.." Date: 11/27/2012 1:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
EZ
The echo from what the other posters said is from me too. I have been quietly reading the posts about your situation and think about what the rest of us have in the future. The Good Book of Life doesn't have nice endings.

I'm going to clip a small email to a friend. He was having some bad days too and this thought always kept my mind focused. It's from David Thoreau.

Here's a special part of Thoreau's Walden Pond.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world.

I liked this part of the book and I live with this thought too. If life is mean, then I want to see how mean a day can be. I try to see if it's a record for being a "Mean" day. With my daily job, I had a lot of days which almost won the contest for being the meanest day but I'm still looking to find the actual winner. I'm sure it will be coming down the road in my life.

Just remember, we're thinking of you and your situation. I'm sure that the other posters are same to me, I think of you daily.

Keep your positive thoughts as much as possible.

Blackduff
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement