No. of Recommendations: 0
I have read that an IRA is perfect for the F4 startegy. I will be starting a F4 port this year and have much more than the $2000 annual limit I can put into an IRA. What can I do?

Open an IRA account with the $2000 and put the rest in a taxable account? Then move another $2000 every year from the taxable account into the IRA account?

Can I put more than $2000 into an IRA but only deduct the $2000 from my taxes?

Thanks, James.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.