UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1498  
Subject: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 4:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ok, retired young looking women who look younger then their age:

What face cream are you using to keep you looking that way? I had been using clinique. I am looking for lower priced face moisterizers.

Anywone know of any?

Actually, if you buy clinique moisturizer during the free gift promotion days, it can be a really good deal.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 727 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 6:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Kath,

I used to swear by Clinique moisturizer, then I bought Trader Joe's A Midsummer Night's Cream. On the label it says: Extra Dry Formula Moisturizing Cream pH Balanced, Biodegradable, Unscented Herabal Blend with Aloe. 8 Fl oz for either $1.99 or $2.99, I forget which. A huge bargain either way.

It soaks in nicely, IMO not greasy, gives me protection for quite a while. I use it everywhere. My skin is pretty sensitive but I have no reaction to it.

This is their cream in the pink labeled bottle, which IMO is better than their lotion in their green labeled bottle. The label peels off very nicely, leaving you with a plain white pump bottle. My biggest criticism of it is that the pump doesn't go low enough and a fair amount of cream is left in the bottom to be extracted elsewise.

For $2.99 or so, it sure is worth the risk. They typically have samplers at the check outs as well.

I love Trader Joes.

IP

Author: cyberisme Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 728 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 7:35 AM
Recommendations: 1
Anywone know of any?

Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water - it'll keep your skin moist and young looking better than any cream can.

Seriously - it works well for me and I get compliments on my skin all the time.

C.

Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 729 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 9:07 AM
My face is somewhat oily so it was hard to find a product that worked for me.

I now use Olay complete plus. It is a lightweight lotion and also contains both uva + uvb sunscreen. No it may not be the cheapest. But remember wrinkles can make a retired lady look old before her time ;-)

Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 731 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 10:36 AM
I used to use Clinique moisturizer, but switched a few years back to Eucerin. I can buy a big tub for about $10, and it will last me for about 2 years. And I can and do also use it on other areas of my body that get exceptionally dry.

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 732 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 10:56 AM
but switched a few years back to Eucerin.

Are you talking cream or lotion? I've tried the cream before but found it to be too greasy. It's been a few though.

Author: chooey98 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 734 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 11:07 AM
I don't use cream or lotion. My skin is kind of oily, so it's hard to find anything that doesn't cause me to break out in big cysts. (ick!)

I've tried using Cetaphil, about $10 for 16 oz. It's not too greasy, but I only use it on "dry" days, like during the winter.

Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 735 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 12:17 PM
Are you talking cream or lotion? I've tried the cream before but found it to be too greasy. It's been a few though.

I use the cream. I find that if you put in on very sparingly, the greasy feeling is minimized, but I do know that if I put on too much, it definitely feels greasy.

Author: foolkath Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 736 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 3:37 PM
Thanks everyone,

Where do you buy trader joe's?

Has anyone gone without face cream? If so, How is your skin? I can not remember when I have not put cram on my face. Even if it is just vasiline or aloe or sunscreen.

I will definately increase my water intake.

REtirees: Please come over to the passion savings boards:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21186541

Thanks,please share how you saved for retirement or financial independence.

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 738 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/20/2004 5:29 PM
Where do you buy trader joe's?

At the best little grocery store known to mankind...Trader Joe's.

For locations, see:

http://www.traderjoes.com/locations/index.asp

IP,
who wishes they were publicly traded.

Author: tmeri Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 740 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/22/2004 1:44 PM
Ok, retired young looking women who look younger then their age:

What face cream are you using to keep you looking that way? I had been using clinique. I am looking for lower priced face moisterizers.

I fear this is not what you want. I've tried various face creams, including Clinique. None of them compare to Oil of Olay Total Effects. The other day I washed my face with one of the Oil of Olay face cloths, then put on Total Effects. At the end of the day when I looked in the mirror, I was shocked, shocked to see how beautiful my skin looked. I should do this every day, but it's very expensive.

If you just want a moisturizer, I like Kroger's Oil of Beauty or whatever it is. But if you want to look terrific, it's gotta be Oil of Olay Total Effects. I'm 51, if that matters.

- tmeri

Author: MaryGoodnight Big gold star, 5000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 741 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/23/2004 8:30 AM

Wow - I'm going to have to try the Total Effects.

I had several bad sunburns in my early 20s when I was young and crazy, so I can see the future for my skin - eek and it's not so bright....

That said, last year I read the Dr. Perricone books and started using a knock off of his recommended DMAE, Vitamin C Ester and ALA potions -

I buy it from VitaminShoppe.com -

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse/sku_detail.jhtml;$sessionid$C231O4H4GMG5SCQUAOYCM4QKCQB00GXK?SkuID=229187&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult

I had been using Oil of Olay Regenerist prior to that and wasn't thrilled with it - but this knockoff cream seems to work much better for me. My skin seems clearer and more even.

I'm very jaded when it comes to the whole cosmetic industry, though, FWIW. That why it makes me laugh whenever I see that commercial for "hope in a jar" cream.

MG

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 743 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/24/2004 7:02 AM
A lot of people seem to use Oil of Olay or knock off products. I've tried both, though not the specific one Tmeri mentions. A word of caution in that I've broken out in a horrible itching rash from using Oil of Olay. What ever they put in their product and the knock off does not agree with my skin. Your mileage probably will vary. I'm so delicate. ;-)

IP

Author: tmeri Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 746 of 1498
Subject: Re: face creams Date: 8/24/2004 2:31 PM
A lot of people seem to use Oil of Olay or knock off products. I've tried both, though not the specific one Tmeri mentions. A word of caution in that I've broken out in a horrible itching rash from using Oil of Olay. What ever they put in their product and the knock off does not agree with my skin. Your mileage probably will vary. I'm so delicate. ;-)

I guess it depends upon the product and the person. I tried some Almay (spelling?) product that was irritating my skin. I mentioned it to my dermatologist. He said he had other patients with that problem, and he was even one of the advisers to Almay, which is supposed to be allergy-free stuff. Anyway, he sighed and said he had not been able to make headway with Almay over the issue. I forget now which product it was.

The OoO, on the other hand, doesn't cause me problems. I've always had to be careful because my skin is sensitive, so I guess it really is a YMMV thing.

- tmeri

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement