Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Goetz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: Factory Visit Date: 7/6/1998 2:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Just a note: I visited the new Zevex facility last October, and was impressed with the operation. "Our business plan calls for tripling revenues every four years..." - ambitious goals for a small player in a conservative (medical devices - contract design/manufacturing) industry. They appeared to have bright people, working in a very productive atmosphere, with supportive leadership. They hustled last year to help a customer stay out of jail (long story), by developing prototypes of a phacoemulsification machine that looked stunning, and seemed to work as advertised. That machine, "Precisionis 30000", was still being debugged 6 months later... anyone heard if it is in production and selling yet ? An impressive effort on the part of the Zevex engineering group, seriously. They also mentioned going after more new business, like a Japanese company looking for a partner to manufacture a heart/lung machine in the United States... haven't heard if they won the bid yet... anyone else know ?

Otherwise, their "core competency" of ultrasonic-based products (infusion pumps, air bubble detectors, etc) seemed to be VERY well covered by an experienced, highly educated team... should be a cash cow for a while.

I'm disappointed the stock has dropped so low lately (about 7), but this is a keeper for me.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Seadrill Q1 2015 Overview
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement